This warranty is given by BSH Home Appliances Pty Ltd, 1555 Centre Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168 (BSH). This warranty is valid in the country of purchase only.
This appliance is warranted by BSH to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase. The benefits offered by this warranty are in addition to your rights and remedies under Australian Consumer Law.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. In the event of a minor failure, BSH reserves the right to choose to repair or replace the appliance.
To make a warranty claim, you must be able to supply proof of purchase. In the first instance, you should call Customer Care Australia on 1300 170 552. BSH will create and retain a computer record of your application.
BSH will bear any expenses incurred for warranty claims, excluding the cost of transport of the appliance for service or the service agent’s travelling costs to and from your home if you live outside the service area of BSH or one of its service agents.
This warranty will not apply in the following cases.
(1) Any defect or damage which is a result of repair, alteration or modification carried out without the written permission of BSH.
(2) The use of parts not manufactured, sold or approved by BSH being used in any replacement or repair.
(3) The appliance is operated on an electrical, gas or water supply, which differs from the ratings specified on the rating plate and instructions for installation and use of the appliance.
(4) The appliance is damaged as a result of incorrect installation undertaken by a party other than BSH or being used for a purpose for which it is not designed, sold or otherwise not in accordance with any instructions for installation and use.
(5) If changes occur in the condition or operational qualities of the appliance due to incorrect storage, mounting, climate or any other influence outside the control of BSH.
(6) The appliance is damaged as a result of operating the appliance incorrectly or when it was known to be defective.
(7) When parts requiring replacement due to normal wear and tear were not replaced including the replacement of the following parts: lenses, globes, glassware, fuses, filters, door seals, bags and similar parts.
(8) When the clearing of blockages in pumps and hoses did not take place.
(9) When damage is caused by utility supply problems, lack of user care, electrical storm damage or incorrect power supply.
(10) When the cause of a defect or damage is due to operator error.
What else you need to know
The following conditions will compromise and in some cases cancel your warranty:
(1) This warranty applies to the original owner only, however, subsequent owners may still have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
(2) If you are required to return the appliance to BSH or its service agent, you must ensure it is cleaned, drained and free from debris or residues, securely packed and insured. BSH takes no responsibility for loss or damage of the appliance prior to being received by BSH or its service agents.
(3) Only detergents (powder or liquid) suitable for use in Gaggenau appliances are to be used. Please refer to Customer Care Australia to be advised.
(4) This appliance is intended for domestic use in the owner’s home. Use of the appliance for non-domestic or commercial purposes will limit the warranty to a period of three months.
(5) BSH will not be responsible for damage which occurs during delivery or installation undertaken by a party other than BSH.
(6) This warranty is not applicable to extended warranty programs offered by third parties.